What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ANOTHER High Fuel Flow Alarm

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
After updating the Dynon and installing the new Kavlico fuel pressure sensor I got still ANOTHER high fuel flow alarm in the second takeoff today. I'm seriously considering seeing if I can turn the bloody alarm off. Engine runs fine-- doesn't miss a beat during any part of the climbout. Is it possible that having the return set to something other than 0 can be causing this? For those who have a return value set, what do you have. I'm getting really tired of this-- not to mention the effect it has on passengers!

Wayne 120241/143WM

I'm having the same issue with fuel pressure on a two month old Kavlico. Very erratic normal to high pressures but good engine function. Do I crank up the alarm values or replace a second time? Or just ignore? Others having the same problem?

On mine I found that the spade terminals were not quite tight. Took them off, gave a little squeeze with pliers, put them back on -- nice and tight and no more high fuel pressure alarms. My FP readings are now rock steady.

On mine I found that the spade terminals were not quite tight. Took them off, gave a little squeeze with pliers, put them back on -- nice and tight and no more high fuel pressure alarms. My FP readings are now rock steady.

I believe my high fuel pressure problems were also connector related. I re-seated the spade lugs and problem has been solved now for several weeks and about 6 flights. Fingers still crossed...

Not the first time I've heard of connectors or bad ground being the culprit. Seems to be the first place to look. Thanks.

We're talking the new Kavlicop sensor here.....

There are no spade terminals. Old one had ring terminals connected to the sensor lugs, new one just has three wires coming out of the back of the sensor. What spade terminals are we talking about?

That's the old sensor, Jim

Per advice several years ago I switched to ring terminals but have now replaced that with the new Kavlico sensor that just gets wired into the supplied Dynon wiring bundle-- there are no spade connectors

sensor1_sm.jpg

Back