What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another first try

carlrai

Well Known Member
Patron
Had a gorgeous day and time to experiment with the GoPro.

Did three full stops around the pattern, changing camera position at each and pieced it all back together.

One lap at ZPH

Of note, I didn't get very much "jello effect" without a neutral density filter, yet another attempt with less light, I got a video that had enough to make it unacceptable. I've done some experimenting with an ND filter and it certainly eliminates it but haven't figured out when to use and when not. It does darken the video considerably. Next weekend, when I have time and a bright sky I'll try the ND filter and expose a white sheet of paper for a white balance sample.

Any other input appreciated. Try not to be too brutal, I'm learning.....

Looks good! I think your real motive is showcasing sunny, warm Florida to everyone living and flying North of Interstate 10! Did you have to dodge skydivers?

Carl

Skydivers ever present

Looks good! I think your real motive is showcasing sunny, warm Florida to everyone living and flying North of Interstate 10! Did you have to dodge skydivers?

Carl

Always on a sunny weekend. They drop at least 20 at a time starting with first light ending at dusk. They do a good job keeping the jumpers at the south end of the field. Occasionally we drive over to pick up an few errant meat bombs

Standard mount

Great video. What is your wingtip mounting method?

Thanks.

This was with the standard mount, clearance hole for a 6-32 drilled in the middle and simply use one of the tip mounting screws to secure.

I have a far more substantial mount I just received from Sean and haven't mounted it yet. He also makes a beauty that screws directly into the tie down mount on the underside. Highly recommend both. I'll add a link when I have more time.

yeah cool. nice vid.
send links to the tiedown method. that sounds easy enough.
what do you use for editing?

Thanks.

This was with the standard mount, clearance hole for a 6-32 drilled in the middle and simply use one of the tip mounting screws to secure.

I have a far more substantial mount I just received from Sean and haven't mounted it yet. He also makes a beauty that screws directly into the tie down mount on the underside. Highly recommend both. I'll add a link when I have more time.

Back