What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another canopy frame concern!

shiney

Well Known Member
Now it might be that I'm getting ahead of myself and please tell me if I am, but after mocking up my canopy frame to see that I have all the right pieces etc I had that sickening feeling! My roll bar is now built and in nicely in place. I have clecoed the front skin and attached the skin to the WD716,all very straight forward.

Laying the W725's into position with the two skins nice and tight up against each other, it looks like I'll have a 3/8+ gap between the canopy 631 and the roll bar, even after the 1/4 gap call out. Is the 3/8 gap likely to close when the whole thing is fully taught and the closers are in place or have I made a ****-up somewhere? although to be honest I'm puzzled as to where!

Thanks

Shiney :)

Canopy

Hi Martin,

If you do a search on 'Tip up Canopy' You will find in excess of 40 threads. Print and read them all before going any further with the canopy process. There are lots of gems in there and loads of pitfalls you can avoid by learning from the mistakes and confessions of others.

Your problem is addressed a few times. Off the top of my head I believe most guys who encounter this problem use spacers either at the front or rear of the siderail

Good luck.

Simon

Im at the same place in canopy construction!

Back