What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another big fan of Bruce Bohannon's 8 TW transition training

NathanB

I'm New Here
Spent a few days with Bruce this week, and had some fantastic take-aways:

* Man oh man, that was FUN. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun in the air! (And on the ground hearing lots of his experiences and stories!)

* Bruce explained the WHY behind every concept we went over, and the WHY behind the lessons learned, can save your life in an RV (or any other airplane).

* Bruce lets you make mistakes...and I made a lot :D but it was so nice knowing he has your back. Really built my confidence up.

* I got to ask 1000 questions, and he answered every single one of them. I never felt rushed, it was an amazing learning environment.

If you are looking for some 8 transition training, DEFINITELY go see Bruce.

Oh yeah, Bruce is a blast, and his airport setup is great.
Flew the Cub, then the 8. Some friends dropped by and we shot at cans on the hangar apron with a suppressed 22.
I could get used to that!

Next day we flew then went golfing and had BBQ at his friend's house.
I could get used to that!

I felt a little better about my flying looking at the busted props on the hangar wall from other students....

I've only heard good things. Look forward to the day I can experience it first hand.

He has a Legend Cub (To get you started if you have no tailwheel time. Very fun!)
And a dual control 8, complete with rear-seat rudder and brake pedals (you fly front, Bruce instructs from the back.)

Back