What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ANL Fuses

T.O.Craig

Well Known Member
Howdy to all,
I'm using a Plane Power "30a standby alternator" on my RV10. Vertical Power calls for a 30amp ANL firewall mounted fuse for protecting the B lead. BandC's smallest fuse is a 35A. Have others run into this problem? What are others doing for protection? I suppose an automotive style might work, just not sure if it is the best choice in that atmosphere.

By the way Stein is sure nice to work with... Panel should be completed in a few weeks. Getting much much closer to completion. There is a brighter light now at he end of that tunnel :))

Call Plane Power. I would suspect they would have no issues with a 35A ANL.
You are protecting the wire, not the device....

B-Lead Protection

Call Plane Power. I would suspect they would have no issues with a 35A ANL.
You are protecting the wire, not the device....

Also, keep in mind what the real purpose of the B-Lead fuse is. It is to protect the B-Lead wiring from full battery current if the alternator's rectifier diodes fail shorted to ground. It is not, as many believe, to protect B-Lead wiring from excess alternator current since it is nearly impossible for an alternator to put out much more than it's rated capacity.

Skylor

Good Morning
I have not been able to find the 30AMP ANL. I could put in a 35 amp amp they are easy to find. Plane power would not say it was OK for the 35 amp. I'm considering 30amp circuit breaker or an automotive blade type 9 (slow blow). Are there conventional circuit breakers that are "slow blow"?

What is the "Brain Trusts" thoughts this morning

CBs

We made brackets and used heat rated circuit breakers for both of our PP alts. 70a and 30a. Searched and I can't find a pic.

Thanks to all..Amazon!, go figure..Did not know they have an aviation isle..HAHA, On with the wiring!!

Back