What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Angle Drill for SB

pilot28906

Well Known Member
I have started on the HS SB and need an angle drill. What is an economical 90 degree drill or attachment that is small enough to use on the SB.

Thanks,

I would get one of these http://www.averytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=9885. You might complain that these are very economical, but I spent several years thinking the same way, then bit the bullet. Every time I get it out for a task that would have been very difficult if I didn't have it, I think what a smart decision it was to buy. The cheaper 90* attachments are not good value as they don't last very long.

Pete

62.jpg

I bought a TIGHT FIT DRILL KIT from Aircraft Spruce.

It is significantly less expensive than the brass unit from Avery's. While it lasted my entire project and is still going strong, I would rather have the Avery unit, but still can't swallow the price difference; $160 vs.$44.60.

The real challenge with these things is that you need two hands to use them, one on the attachment and the other on the drill it is chucked in.

I have had good luck with the one Pete mentioned, but it is true you do need both hands to use.

One other option is to look for a real air powered angle drill on eBay.

Bargains can be had, I got 3 for $100.

http://www.browntool.com/Default.aspx?tabid=344&ProductID=1157

Not the most economical but you'll only cry once, when you pay for it.
After that you'll never again be sorry you went with the best angle drill there is.
The real challenge with these things is that you need two hands to use them, one on the attachment and the other on the drill it is chucked in.

Buying one of those Sioux Angle drills is hard to justify but the awkward and cumbersome use of the attachment and the need for 3 hands in places where you don't even have room for one hand makes the Sioux investment well worth the money.

One word of advice: Hide it from your friends, they all want to use it.:D

ebay is the way to go ... you should not have a problem finding a proper angle drill there !

Back