What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair

N9331v

Well Known Member
I visited with Andy and Felicity with Andair first thing this morning at Oshkosh today and I must say they were a pleasure to talk and deal with. Andy showed me a his latest pump modification and to me it makes a great pump even better. After spending time with Andy and Felicity I realized they run a great small business and customer service is priority number one, so I purchased the Fuel pump, filter etc and I'm sure glad I did, man these pumps sure are light.

I also visited Andy in OSH this morning.

I told him I was part of the VAF group buy 18 months ago, and that as I have seen the offer for an upgrade on VAF forums, I tried several times to contact him by mail or phone, without success. He said he had never received any mail from me, so that 's why I didn't get any answer (lost in cyberspace?).

His answer was simple: he showed me the modification on one of his demonstration pumps, then asked:
- do you have your pump with you?
- yes
then he reached below the desk and gave me a new one in exchange of mine and added:
- we do what we commited to do.

Overall, the contact was very good, the products quality is amazing. I am very pleased of doing business with people like this!

Several people on here have had a different experience with Andair

Including me.

They are terrible about answering e-mail or returning calls.

They routinely forget to ship things (in my case two gas caps for my RV-8).

I will say that when you do get something from them it is very well made (example: the fuel selector valve in my RV-8).

As much as I like their products I still have to rate their customer service as poor.

Search these forums and see how many posts comment about the lack of communication by Andair.

Just my 0.02.

I like Andair and their products. Period.

They did respond to me. They did replace my pump with the latest design changes. They should be seriously considered by anyone looking for products they make. I was not pleased with the delays in responding but I can overlook that and chalk it up to growing pains. Great stuff.

Andair Group Buy Pump Return

Does anyone know if the phone number for Andair has changed? I've been trying to call with no success. If you have talked to them recently about the fuel pump exchange, please let me know how it turned out.
Thanks,

The only way I've ever succeded in successfully communicating with Andair about the fuel pump upgrade was to email directly to Owen. Finally got a response and request for my address so as to be placed on "the list". That was several weeks pre-Oshkosh. About time for me to try for an update.

Back