What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair

drone_pilot

Well Known Member
I got the Andair fuel pump and filter (PX375-TC and FX375-MK) to feed my IO-360-A1A. I chose it for its relatively easy install, but I'll have to admit that it wasn't the most educated purchase that I have made.

Can any of you comment on the quality of the Andair fuel pumps? I've experienced the seemingly common long lead times from Andair, but any other experiences, advice, tips dealing with the pump would be appreciated. I might as well get educated now, before I bolt this sucker in. Much thanks!

I used the Andair pump for my IO-320 and think this may be the best pump on the market. I however am very concerned that if I have any problems in the future my plane will be down longer than it should be due to Andairs slow responses. Yes it took 2.5 months for me to receive mine when purchased from Andy at Sun-N-Fun last year.
The only important thing to know is that it is not self-priming so make sure you have fuel to it before turning it on.

Thanks Mark. That was my concern. I tried to back out on the order but there was a 25% restocking fee so it looks like I'm going with Andair. Hopefully, it won't break. ;-)

Hi,

I am looking at a fuel pump and filter solution - being in UK.. Andair is on my list ... The comment that the pump is not self priming is interesting - see the pdf

http://www.andair.co.uk/pdfs/PX375-TC.pdf

I wonder if it is self priming if you have the output disconnected .. but if you have the output connected to the engine mechanical pump ... Then it will not self prime ... I will ask Andair ... and let you know ...

As usual don't believe anything you read on the internet (especially from me).
I believe I had the manual pump disconnected when I started mine. I also believe that the wings tanks are above the pump. This would allow a self-priming easily. If I recall there were others on this site that had problems with the Andair at first start and it was related to the pump running dry. YMMV

I'm in the same boat, ordered mine before christmas, still waiting. I ordered a 24volt version; hopefully no related problems.

Rick Krueger

sales vs service

A friend of mine (on this forum) was aware of long lead times etc, but when he was ready to fly and found a problem with his pump, Andair stepped up and rushed out what he needed next day.

I wouldn't couple sales lead time with service until you do some more research.

Since this thread has turned into an Andair Customer Service thread I will make another comment. I local RV-9a flyer sent his older Dual valve/ selector in two weeks ago for a reseal and it returned this week. Less than two weeks there and back with repair. I would have no complaints about that.

Back