What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair valve purchase question

jwilbur

Well Known Member
If I buy the Andair fuel valve from Vans for my 10, will it work with an extension I buy from Spruce (or Andair directly)? It would seem (I think) that Van's doesn't sell the extensions, and Spruce (I think) doesn't sell the valve model best for the 10. And I don't know for sure if there is something special about the valves with extenders - in other words, I'm not sure if a standard valve can be used with the extender. I'll buy direct from Andair if necessary but I'm guessing with exchange rates and overseas shipping I might do better through Van's and Spruce.

If I buy the Andair fuel valve from Vans for my 10, will it work with an extension I buy from Spruce (or Andair directly)? It would seem (I think) that Van's doesn't sell the extensions, and Spruce (I think) doesn't sell the valve model best for the 10. And I don't know for sure if there is something special about the valves with extenders - in other words, I'm not sure if a standard valve can be used with the extender. I'll buy direct from Andair if necessary but I'm guessing with exchange rates and overseas shipping I might do better through Van's and Spruce.

The last I checked, Spruce special orders these, so it it will take longer than ordering direct. My experience with Andair is that shipping doesn't cost much more, nor does it take significantly longer.

The extender is a proprietary extruded piece of aluminum.

If you haven't ordered the valve yet, just order both from andair. It used to be significantly cheaper when bundled, than as a single part.

Bob

Thanks. Will the 6" extender be long enough? I think I read somewhere someone only needed 3-4 inches.

One more question

Is this the right one. Looks like the Andair web site doesn't have the exact part number Van's sells.

This number is similiar: basically, I think I want a 3/8" fuel selector with right/left/off (part# FS20x7), a 6" (or 12") extender, male fitting in the center, and male elbow on right and left. Is this right?

http://www.andair.co.uk/product/fuel-selector-fs20x7/

The valve looks like mine, although I didn't take the time to confirm numbers.

I only used about 3-4" of the extension.

Back