What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Valve Direction

ethand

Well Known Member
I am working to install the Andair valve in my -10 and have a question about direction. The valve is a FS20 Type 3 with 180 between left and right with off in the rear direction.

When the valve is what I think is installed correctly and the left /right plate faces correctly for airplane orientation the input elbow for the right tank is forward and the input elbow for the left tank is towards the left.

I think that is what I see on Mark's (Charlie Waffle's) build log but some of the other look different, more like what I would expect with each side towards the tank. Maybe a difference in valves? I believe Mark and I have the same valve.

Link to Marks Log here: https://myrv10factory.wordpress.com...er-pedals-and-rudder-cables/#jp-carousel-1195

Does that sound correct?

Thanks in advance.
E

I believe others have the standard 90 degree valve and the inputs are slightly different. Sounds like your orientation is correct to me.

My Andair (I can't recall which model # it is) has 180 degrees between left and right positions, my intention from the get-go. To my surprise, the connections on the bottom were not the same orientation. Piping connections in the straight-on logical position were impossible. I ended up mounting the valve slightly rotated to one side to enable the piping connections underneath.

Back