What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Status

gkochers

Friend
Has anyone had any interactions with Andair lately? I ordered a fuel valve last May. Based on feedback here I was expecting a 4-6 month wait - that was fine. In October, they did ship my fuel valve, but it came with the wrong engraved face plate. I called and spoked to someone and they were fairly responsive. They said they'd ship me the correct face plate. It has now been almost 4 months again, and I have seen nothing. They have never been very responsive to emails, but usually I can get them on the phone. Their main number now goes straight to voicemail for at least the last couple of weeks. I have left messages, but no return calls or emails.

Does anyone know their status?

Or, did anyone by chance receive the incorrect face plate back in October? Mine should have said Left-Rigtht-Off. The one I received is Main-Header-Off. Probably not from an RV, but worth a shot.

Thanks,

Has anyone had any interactions with Andair lately? I ordered a fuel valve last May. Based on feedback here I was expecting a 4-6 month wait - that was fine. In October, they did ship my fuel valve,
I ordered mine on the 9th of June. They said 24 weeks lead time, which makes it around the end of November. I emailed them at that time and no response. Then a month later, no response. I’m due my monthly email in a few days.

I’ve got 2 fuel selector valves on order and past due. No response. But that’s how most GA aviation seems to be now. For that matter, most industries are trending towards poor customer service.

I ordered a FS2020-D2-TMTon June 12th. Have emailed for a statu update more then once, no response.

I had a FS2020-D2-M due on 7Dec. I emailed in early December with no response. In mid December I called and they said they were a bit behind but it should be in the mail 1st week in January. It's was sent and received as ordered.

I would suggest giving them a call just remember they are +6 hours ahead in the UK.

Mike

FS2020-D2-TMT took 40 weeks. Was told 26 - 30 weeks, close enough. Great quality and beautiful!

This was going to go into my RV-15 build and ordered early as my last 2 FS2020'S took almost a year. If you are really hung up because of the timing PM me. Seems I've got an extended wait......

FS2020-D2-TMT took 40 weeks. Was told 26 - 30 weeks, close enough. Great quality and beautiful!

This was going to go into my RV-15 build and ordered early as my last 2 FS2020'S took almost a year. If you are really hung up because of the timing PM me. Seems I've got an extended wait......
That is very nice of you to offer, much appreciated. I'm not burning for it. Besides, you may get a 15 EMP before I get all my LCP replacements.. ;)

Even extensions are taking a while. Ordered September 9 th. The confirmation email said 16 weeks. I tried to track my order on their website but it wouldn’t recognize the log in and you can’t look up by order number. Two emails have gone unanswered. I’ll try to call but it doesn’t sound promising. I’m in London twice this week, maybe I’ll hop on the train and knock on the door…

Has anyone had any interactions with Andair lately?
I ordered a set of Locking Fuel Caps in March of 2023. The initial order acknowledgement said the lead time for the order is 12 weeks. That came and went... Periodic emails requesting an update only got a response about 50% of the time. I did get one reply in October that said they would dispatch the order by the end of November. No luck on that one either. I waited until after the holidays and decided to send an email every day until I got results. It took 10 months but I finally received my order last week (Jan 2024).

Having read countless threads like this over many years, I have made it my personal policy to only purchase Andair products in standard configurations from large distributors who have plenty of stock. They make good products - when you can get them - but trying to order direct from the company seems highly perilous.

I’ve been waiting for my fuel valve for months now. Absolute joke.
I gave up and ordered one from Vans. Surprisingly showed up as they had them in stock. The others I’m waiting on will be for a different fuel system and another plane someday.

Having read countless threads like this over many years, I have made it my personal policy to only purchase Andair products in standard configurations from large distributors who have plenty of stock. They make good products - when you can get them - but trying to order direct from the company seems highly perilous.
Agreed. I needed a replacement face plate for a fuel valve and had Spruce special order it. Ordered 12/6, received 1/20/24.

Does anyone have insight into why things are so backlogged? I would think they are making 10s of these valves a day, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

I find it best to call. When I called Jenny at Andair about an overdue valve, the valve shipped a couple of days later. When expediting, nothing beats personal contact.

Does anyone have insight into why things are so backlogged? I would think they are making 10s of these valves a day, but that's pure conjecture on my part.
I called and spoke to them just a few weeks ago, right after the new year. The very pleasant call taker told me they were in the midst of moving production to a larger facility and were operating between two locations. Sounded like the move had slowed things up a bit.

Back