What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Gascolator O-ring pinch

penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi,

This is a heads-up for everyone with an Andair GAS-375 Gascolator. During the annual yesterday I managed to pinch the O-ring that seals the gascolator bowl into the top part. I think because the O-ring had stretched slightly and was pushed out of its recess on one side as I slid the bowl back on. The gascolator has been installed for 5 or 6 years and around 300 hours. The filter bowl won't seal properly without the O-ring.

Now the O-ring is not a regular MS size, however Andair have plenty in stock and will put one in the mail right away (although I was only 1 1/2 hours drive away from their factory) - but that's no good when you're 30 minutes flying time away from your hangar. In the end I super-glued the O-ring back together after clipping 1/8" inch out to slightly reduce the size and stop the pinching. It got me back home but I'm going to change out the O-ring before next flight.

So if anyone is flying with a 5+ year old Andair Gascolator it may be prudent to order up a new O-ring (part no oro-375, about $3) before you next remove the gascolator bowl.

Pete

Back