What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Gascolator Installation

Larry Brown

Hello all,
I am looking for a little help with installing the Andair Gascolator. I purchased the item from Van's and it did not come with any installation instructions.
I made a mount using a large piece of angle. (Not mounted yet) Does anyone have any good pictures of this installed on the firewall. What about the fuel lines? Do you use a bulkhead fitting and then run a short fuel line?
I'm hoping some of you have some good set ups that you would share with me.

Thanks,
Larry
Stuart, FL.
RV-7A Carburated O-360.

Not a -7 but same thing

Hi Larry,
I am not at home right now but I used a bulkhead fitting with a reinforcing patch through the firewall then a short piece of line to the Andair. Only thing to watch out for is you will probably get a small offset between the fitting and Andair fitting. It can be a real Bxxtch to bend because it is only about four or five inches long. (ask me how I know!) I mounted mine on a home made angle bracket and mounted it so the drain valve could be reached easily(?) from underneath for preflight. Hope this helps.
Paul

Here's how I did it

Hi Larry,

I just installed mine on my -6 firewall last week. Hope these pix help. I had purchased the Andair mounting bracket but was unable to make it work, so I made my own bracket.

More photos can be viewed at my photo website: http://picasaweb.google.com/bakerfamilyenator Click on the Firewall Forward album.

Back