What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Gascolator Installation

hammer408

I pulled out my Andair G. today and was surprised that the fuel-in and fuel-out ports were on opposite sides, whereas Van's gascolator has a rear hole for the fuel-in (thru the firewall) and a fuel-out facing left, as per drawings. I purchased 2 Andair mounting systems: the Bracket system and the threaded mounting system that goes thru the firewall so the gascolator can be threaded on. :confused: I really don't like either system.

Nothing tends to match-up for this installation on my 9A.

Any help out there would be appreciated.

I used the threaded-thur-firewall method to install my Andair gasolator. Per the instructions I fabricated a stiffner plate that attached to the firewall and two support angles. You're right that the outlet faces forward, but I'm planning on using AN right angle or tee at that point.

I did have a problem with the inside connections because I wanted to fit a Dynon fuel flow sensor between the electric fuel pump and the Andair connection. I ended up going to a web site http://www.anplumbing.com/ to find a 3/8 to 1/4 pipe right angle fitting that allowed the FF sensor to fit.

Picture

Do you have a photo or a link to your Dynon fuel flow sensor installation as I have the exact same setup and have been trying to figure out how to install the sensor, andair gascolator and the electric primer solenoid in a neat and orderly fashion. :confused:

Back