What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair fuel valve

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Getting ready to order the fuel valve for the -10. I have the choices of the following fittings. What is the best configuration to order with the valve. I will have the fuel pump and filter in the tunnel. On the valve, the right tank is at the 12 o clock position, the left is 9 o clock, and the output is on the bottom. The banjo seems the most adaptable to the lines, but I have concerns with flow restriction and potental leakage down the road.
Also, is the ES airflow a good fuel pump.
Male AN 6
Elbow AN 6
Banjo adjustable AN 6
Female 1/4 NPT

Last edited:
I hate banjo fittings personally. You'll probably be happiest with the Elbow AN6.

Elbow AN6

I am using a full flow return system and used the Andair Duplex valve with AN6 elbows. Easy to run the lines and no interference.

I agree with Jesse.

Take a look at my installation:

http://www.kitlog.com/photos/project_260/full/FP16112010A000MR.jpg

Safari isnt being cooperative to allow me to insert the photo.

I just used that standard fitting on the bottom of the valve.

I also used tsflightlines.com hoses on all three connections. It makes life much easier. I also eliminated most of the plan fittings as well after taking this photo.

The other advice would be to install an access panel on the side of the tunnel to enable taking the fuel filter out easier.

Before anyone complains about the insulation, the insulation in the photo was replaced with fiberfax.

I installed a 90 degree Andair valve for the RV-10 (left tank at 10 o'clock, right tank at 2 o'clock). This greatly simplified install as compared to the 180 degree Andair valve.

The valve is installed to the tunnel top per the planes. I used 45 degree AN elbows on the valve to connect the wing fuel lines. The bottom valve connection is the straight AN male fitting that came with the valve. I also put an AN bulkhead fitting on each side of the tunnel for the fuel line to the wing instead of the single tubing run as listed in the plans. This made running fuel lines easier.

Carl

Before you mentioned it, I didnt notice the FS20 type 7 with the 45 angles. Definitly looks like its the valve to go with. Thanks.

Back