What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Fuel selector for Fuel Injection

Dean

Am I correct in assuming that if you have fuel injection, the fuel selector valve Van's supplies will not work. Do I need the Andair fuel valve with the vapor return (FS20-20 Duplex valve). I have an XP 360 with Silver Hawk fuel injection. Do all fuel injection systems require a vapor return? Dean

Not needed

You can use the standard valve with fuel injection. Do not forget your Aerogizmos lever and soon to be released the indicator plate. I have installed the standard valve in two 6A's with FI. No problems.

ww2planes said:
You can use the standard valve with fuel injection. Do not forget your Aerogizmos lever and soon to be released the indicator plate. I have installed the standard valve in two 6A's with FI. No problems.

Bill, do you have a link to the plate, or can you post a pic? How will it be attached?

I spoke with Kyle at Airflow Performance. Excellent customer service. I have the Airflow boost pump via Van's and he explained how to plumb. I don't need a vapor return as the inlet to the pump is plumbed to the outlet (via Tee fitting) for an overflow recirculation configuration. Thanks for the help. Dean

Uh...I think you might be confusing two subjects. (or maybe you're not). You don't need a return line UNLESS you are using a purge valve. Then, you need to put this fuel somewhere.

Now, you don't need the dual Andair valve, but it helps. I've plumbed both. Without the dual valve, you just run the return line to one of the fuel lines prior to the valve. In this configuration, you need to remember to select the other tank when you run the fuel pump and have the purge valve engaged.

With the dual Andair valve, you can purge and return from either tank and you don't have to remember or placard for that.

Indicator Plate

I am having a prototype made as we speak. It should be a very nice unit and if things work out it will hide the mounting bolts for the valve. I will make a post with a link to my site as soon as I get one to photograph. Mounting will be up to the installer but not too difficult.

Back