What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Fuel Selector and Extension

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I've read that some of you with the Andair fuel selector have needed about 3" of the extension piece to sit properly. Does the model Vans sells include the extension or are you ordering this from somewhere else?

I've read that some of you with the Andair fuel selector have needed about 3" of the extension piece to sit properly. Does the model Vans sells include the extension or are you ordering this from somewhere else?

I don't believe that Van's sells the Andair valve.

The standard valve doesn't have an extension.

The best deals are direct from Andair. While I didn't check last week, ordering at OSH is typically the best price you can get. Order direct off their web site. Make sure you add the extension with the order, since Andair charges a significant premium when ordered separately.

Other vendors sell Andair valves (ACS), but I'm not aware of any that stock the extensions.

When I ordered mine two years ago at OSH, it arrived two weeks later. Be advised that Andair has been known in the past to be not responsive via email. If you need a response, just call them. They do respond quickly if you call.

Btw, the extension comes in 6" and 12" increments.

AS&S carries the extensions but you need to check availability. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/andairext.php FWIW, I ordered my set-up from Andair at their Oshkosh booth two years ago and also received mine about two weeks later. I needed to email them a couple times and they responded both times right away. I ended up fabricating my own extension but wish I had just ordered one.

Van does sell the Andair valve but I didn't see any mention of the extension and their price is in line with the standard valve so I went ahead and ordered direct from Andair.

I ordered mine earlier this week...

...via web after speakng to them via phone. Andy was still returning from OSH but the gentleman who was holding down the fort answered my questions and made the ordering more straightforward. If you do order via the web, as as you click through the links, make sure you click on on the link that talks about the valve WITH extension. If you do this, you should end up with part #EFS20x7-T,3/8. if not, I think you'll get FS20x7-T,3/8.

Also, I checked Vans and ACS. Neither seemed to offer the options that Andair offered (anodizing/engraving, countersinking, extension length options, etc)

Last edited:
If you don't get one direct from Andair, I happen to have an extension kit that I'm not using and would be willing to part with for a reasonable fee. ;)

Back