What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Fuel Caps Leaking

Wayne

Well Known Member
Both of my Andair Fuel caps have started leaking when I fill the tank to within or over 1" from the top.

They leak on climb out leaving fuel marks on the wings etc. I put some fuel lube on them & didn't help (but easier to hold onto cap now!)

I cant see a way to tighten them and dont have a source for new O rings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A friend and I had this problem in our Andair caps 3-4 years ago, IIRC they had a batch that went out with an O ring problem on the lock tumbler. They were either missing or wrong size, I don't recall now. They were happy to swap them out for us no charge, but it was difficult to make contact with them at the time. Eventually we met them at Osh and were made good.
Give them a call, allow for the time delta to England, or try email.
Good luck
Tim Andres

Hi Wayne, A couple of years ago I had trouble getting a hold of them but this Email worked very well. May not be current now. Larry

[email protected] and she was very helpful

My caps aren't Andair but rather the Deluxe Locking from Van's. Mine initially leaked when I filled the tanks. I found a set screw on the bottom that adjusts the spring tension of the locking tab. 1 turn of the screw to tighten it did the job. Not sure if that can be done on the Andair caps...

Both of my Andair Fuel caps have started leaking when I fill the tank to within or over 1" from the top.

They leak on climb out leaving fuel marks on the wings etc. I put some fuel lube on them & didn't help (but easier to hold onto cap now!)

I cant see a way to tighten them and dont have a source for new O rings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Update....
I emailed Andair and received a prompt response. I have ordered some new O rings from them and trust that fix the leak.
Thanks for the responses

Back