What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair fuel assembly

Phil

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone,

Are any of you using the Andair Fuel Filter and Pump? If so, do you have photos of your installation?

I'll post some photos or a video of mine so you can see how I did it. But I'd like to compare my installation to others and confirm that I haven't done anything stupid.

I'm also curious to know which model number of pump and filter you're using. I have their filter/pump combo for 3/8" lines (which are what we use in the RV-10), but their site suggest this pump combo is for IO360's and such. The folks from Andair said this was the right pump at Oshkosh, but I'd like to make sure.

Andair sells a pump marketed for the IO540, but it has 1/2" lines.

So before I do something really stupid, I'd like to bounce this off a few other Andair RV-10 drivers/builders to see what they're using and doing inside the tunnel.

Thanks,
Phil

I did

Phil -

I used the Andair pump and filter and below is an email I got from Andair when asking which model to buy - I'm sure that's the combo I got. As I recall it was pretty easy. I found the pics and uploaded them to my photobucket account (link below). I put a doubler on the bottom of the tunnel, using existing holes for the Van's pump and filter mounts that were not to be used. I prosealed and riveted the doubler to the tunnel floor, then built a pair of brackets to mount the Andair assembly to the doubler/tunnel floor. Primed it all up and put it all in. I also insulated the bottom of the tunnel which is shown in some of the photos. Hope it helps. Let me know if you see anything I did that doesn't look right.

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt346/douglassmt/RV-10/

The pics aren't in order because of the way I uploaded them. I think you can figure it out. Happy to answer any questions, too.

Bryan
Hi Bryan,
Assuming you are using an IO540 engine, the pump would be PX375B-40A-5-28 and the filter FX375MK. The filter screws into the back of the pump please see the installation for the RV7 downloadable from our web site.

Price: (with the exchange rate at the moment the pump and filter would be approx $776.00)
Delivery cost: Approx. $25.00 postage (but no tracking)
Approx. $80.00 UPS (full tracking)

Kind Regards
Andy Phillips
Andair Ltd

Bryan,

Thanks for the photos, I'll post a some photos or a video of my installation. It's fairly similar to yours.

I have the 2nd generation Andair pump, but it's still the 375. I just find it weird that the 375 is noted as suitable for the IO-320 and IO-360 on their site. If you want an IO-540 the site suggests the 500.

That just seems really odd to me that they've told both of us to use the 375 and their site says to use the 500.

I've got to delete some videos and free up some disk space, but I'll shoot a video of mine and get it posted to youtube so you can see it.

Thanks again,
Phil

Hope it works!

I'll look for your pics/videos. Now we just both have to hope that it works! I based my choice on the nearly universal recommendations for Andair from anyone who has purchased and used their products. I guess we'll see.

Back