What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair extension

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed the type B FS20x7-T fuel valve in a 10 with a fiberglass center console. I am attemting to install the fuel lines however I have not yet received my center console. Just looking at the installation location it looks like an extension will be required. If anyone has already addressed this issue please reply back with the details on how to obtain the extension.

Thanks,

Pat

Pat,

Not knowing which console you are installing, it's hard to comment.

I will be installing an AeroSport console (Geoff Combs). The location on the tunnel is the same as the Van's install. The console has no impact on the length of externsion required.

In comparing Geoff's older QB versus my newer normal build, it appears that Van's has lowered the fuel valve mountnig bracket by a couple inches. Most folks were lowering it anyways to accomodate the heater scat tube to the rear seats. I'm not sure when Van's made this change.

My guess is that at least a 6" extension is needed. I'm getting ready to order my valve and may just order the 12". For a few extra bucks, it's better to be safe than sorry.

bob

Just purchased a straight 12" extention from Andair direct. It was a lot of hassel and I would have ordered one from ACS but there was a mix up in part #. It turned out that ACS had the correct part #, Andair had mis printed. The part number is Ex-7 . I have aerosport's console and as Bob says , it does not interfer with the stock valve location. I lowered my valve for scat tubing clearance (as Bob also mentioned) and requires less than 3". I also had ordered 12".
If I were to order again I would use Aircraft Spruce.
Ron

Back