What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair 90 vs 180

dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
Getting ready to install the fuel lines. Planning on using the Andair valve. Need to choose between the 90 or 180 degree valve. Other than price, why would one choose one over the other?

The 90 degree is the cheaper option but doesn't really point towards one wing or the other. You get about 45 degrees from center for each side. I wanted something a little more wing indicative, so I went with the 180.

Imagine that right now, you're sitting in your cockpit. Maybe you can actually sit in your cockpit. Reach out to where the valve would be and turn the imaginary valve. Simulate both the 90 and the 180 degree turn.

Which motion do you prefer? Which do you think would securely get the valve to the proper position?

Order that one.

Dave

Imagine that right now, you're sitting in your cockpit. Maybe you can actually sit in your cockpit. Reach out to where the valve would be and turn the imaginary valve. Simulate both the 90 and the 180 degree turn.

Which motion do you prefer? Which do you think would securely get the valve to the proper position?

Order that one.

Dave

This put a smile on my face. Well said, Dave.

Order that one.

Dave

Exactly what I did and then ordered the 90 degree valve.

Back