What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

And The Actual Weight Is ... Drum Roll Please

newtech

Well Known Member
Patron
N14SE weighed in at 1,064.7 pounds without wheel pants and fairings but with eight quarts of oil. Now to the winner of the 23K Gold (leaf) cleco. You all have to realize that the home page my browser was set to during my complete building process was Jamie Painter's excellent RV builders log. When I saw his guess of 1064 I thought how appropriate. Then N941WR Bill R. put in his guess of 1,065. Since it is my contest I have declared both winners and each will get one of the coveted 23k Gold clecos.

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments. Boy, I can't wait to get her in the sky.

Chief Financial Officer watching over the process :)
dsc01751.jpg

Getting ready to sit her down on the load cells
dsc01753.jpg

Last edited:
congratulation

Man! and to think I am bucking my first rivets and you are weighing your aircraft. I bet it feels good.

Post some pics of it

Thanks
Rich

It must be nice.....I counted 7 folks in the pic of you weighing the airplane....I've had to weigh every one of mine all by myself :(.

Congrats....and safe flying!

It must be nice.....I counted 7 folks in the pic of you weighing the airplane....I've had to weigh every one of mine all by myself :(.

The count was probably closer to 25. Our EAA Chapter really turns out for engine mountings and weightings. I think it is the EAA equivalent of the Baby Shower :D

Steve,

You did a really good job on the weight control! Congrats for such a light airplane. I hope she flies as well as she looks!

8 for sure................. you forgot the one that took the photo..........:D

Hi Steve.

That's awesome. I don't think I've ever won anything in my entire life. I arrived at my guess by taking my original empty weight (I weighed mine minus fairings at first too), then subtracted what I thought was the difference in weight with your equipment vs. mine.

Thanks for the kind words about the site. I really enjoyed putting it up for folks. I would probably do it again because I refer to it all the time when I need to remember how I did something.

I'll PM you my snail mail address.

Jamie

P.S. Steve

I really like the paint scheme and candy apple red.....she's a looker!

Glenn Wilkinson

Ditto on the paint job!

Really like the color scheme--the candy red definitely stands out!

Congrats!

Back