What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN5-19 Bolts

Brambo

Well Known Member
I'm nearing the end of the build and perhaps more disturbing than having left-over parts is having left-over bolts. I was making a drill guide for the wing aft spare (AN5-10 bolts) and sitting in the next container is 4 AN5-19 bolts(?). I can't for the life of me figure anything left to build or attach that I would need these for. So it hit me, maybe I put AN4 bolts somewhere that required AN5. Unfortunately, there is no way to quickly find anywhere in the plans that require AN5-19 bolts. Can anyone remember a place that required AN5-19 bolts? If I have to I guess I can call Van's on Monday, but I thought perhaps someone might know.

It does take a little getting used to.

The AN bolt numbering system is logical, but typically only once someone helps you through it the first time. The previous poster was kind enough to get you a great start.

Print this out it will help you even more. Hint, in the table O.A.L = Overall Length (under head, including threads)

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf/an3_thru_an20.pdf

Last edited:
Back