What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An unashamed plug for Cleveleand Air Tools

david.perl

Well Known Member
Just received my tools from CAT. It took a while as i was waiting for a back order on the hydro pneumatic squeezer. This is a work of art in itself before you even consider its supreme functionality over the 50 year old heavy squeezers - 1/3rd the weight and tiny in size. Three stout boxes with 100 pounds of tools had to be shipped to the UK. Everything was well packed and there was no damage in transit which was a relief.

Mike at Cleveland was brilliant - I was chopping and changing the order every day yet Mike remained calm and he was keen to guide me in not buying anything surplus to build requirements.

On arrival I was delighted to see Mike had set up and tested all the air tools, fitted all the couplers, attached drill bits to the quick change chuck and ensured i was ready to go.

I am no way connected to CAT, just run my own business and know that when I give good service i really appreciate getting feedback so I’m only doing what I would like others to do for my business. [/FONT]

Now all I have to do is figure out how to build an RV7.:)

Last edited:
I agree

I agree, I have been plugging Cleaveland tools and Mike for years, my testimonial is on their website (even though they spell their name funny!) They are great to deal with and offer personalized service I have not found elsewhere, both before, during and after the sale. I always enjoy stopping by their bus at OSH and saying hello every year.....Glenn

Thank you!

Thanks guys, that is what I needed to hear after a week of swimming upstream! Everyone build/fly safe this weekend!

No shame indeed

I bought my tool kit from Cleaveland Tools after a lot of research, and I think I even got to demo the new squeezer you reference at Airventure last year. My only "gripe," if you can even call it that, was "gee, I wish this squeezer was available back when I ordered my tool kit!" :)

That said, I can't even remember how many conversations I have had with others and how many recommendations I have given for the close - quarters dimpling tool that CAT makes. That one tool alone, IMHO, makes dimpling tight areas so much easier than some of the other stuff out there. I really love using it.

Now I wonder how fast I can wear out my squeezer so I can get the new one. Anyone? How many planes does it take to wear out a Cleaveland Tools pneumatic squeezer?

Mike and the rest of the gang are great, just like the tools!

Last edited:
Bryan,

I know how you feel. I didn't get to use my own system on my structurally complete -7.

Here is my latest blind puller head for which will be available from CAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2kWJ_RFUo

BTW, you won't wear out the traditional pneumatic units out there, but you may develop carpal tunnel if you build enough with them.

Last edited:
BTW, you won't wear out the traditional pneumatic units out there, but you may develop carpal tunnel if you build enough with them.

Hehe. Already feeling it in the wrist I'm afraid. Physical well being (or lack thereof) may be another "justifiable" reason for investing in new tools!:D

Back