What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN hose fitting adapter for oil cooler

Blue Lion

I need help in trying to locate an adapter of some type to connect my new oil line to my oil cooler. After 28 years of service my oil lines need to be replaced. The original lines have -8D connector on the end that attaches to the engine, and 1 -6D (3/8") connector which which connects to the oil cooler. The oil cooler has male flared -6D fittings on it, and I have not been able to find any adapter or part number for something that can transition from -8D to -6D. The closest I have been able to get is an AN male reducer that converts the female -8D fitting on the hose to a -6D flared male end. What I am looking for is either a -6D female/female adapter (for flared fittings), or and adapter with a -8D male flared end with a -6D flared female end.... or of course another workable solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Fitting

AN fittings are somewhat limited. Suggest you look for industrial hydraulic fittings. The tube is 37degree JIC.

mcmaster.com look up tube fittings and 37degree

parker.com look up industrial fittings, 37degree etc.

These will be steel which is better for oil cooler than aluminum anyway.

Hope this helps,

Ken

if-

your hoses are now -8 hoses, why not save yourself alot of work and change the AN fittings at the cooler to -8? Cooler will be either 3/8 NPT, or 1/2 NPT threads--so a AN816 (straight) or a AN822 (90*) adapter will make your life a lot easier. Remember--the more adapters you have to transition from one size to another, the more "potential" for a leak.
Just my opinion.
Tom

Back