What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN Fittings - Tube Style

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I know there have been a lot of threads about torquing of AN Flared fittings, but what about the pipe style? I am putting the AN822 fittings into the brake cylinders for upgraded tubing. I can get them in about 2 or 3 rotations before they stop - and not usually pointing "up". I can wrench them another rotation or two before it becomes VERY difficult to go further. At this point the threads seem to be about 3/5 into the cylinder. I am using FuelLube for sealing, but the same happens without. I did check and the tap in the cylinder is longer than the fitting is, so it's odd they wont go all the way. I did back them off and advance several times.

Is this sufficient thread depth? Any guides as I dont think these are done just by torque like the flares.

https://skydrive-df.live.com/#cid=3B3E6F879AB2ED26&id=3B3E6F879AB2ED26!15586

All of mine are at least 3 turns plus whatever extra it took to get proper alignment.

Also fuel lube is for engine oil and fuel fittings. It is not made for higher pressure hydraulic(brake) systems. I used Leak Lock mfd by High Side Chemicals. You can pick it up at your nearest hvac/refrigeration distributor. There are many others recommended on here. No leaks at 22.4 hours.

Back