What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ameri-King 450 ELT troubleshooting

mikehoover

Well Known Member
I have had my Ameri-King 450 ELT installed in the back of my RV-9A project for probably four years now and finally got around to finishing the wiring. I put brand new batteries in the ELT and checked the battery in the remote panel unit. All installed, I turned the ELT switch to on and the red LED lights up but no sound on my scanner. I unhooked the antenna BNC connector and flipped the switch on again and the red LED light came on and I could hear the emergency tone on my scanner.

The antenna and antenna cable had been installed for a long time. I removed the RG400 antenna cable and replaced it completely with new cable and BNC connectors. When I hooked the new antenna cable up to the ELT and turned the switch on, the red LED light comes on but no emergency tone on my scanner. Unhook the antenna and it works fine. The panel remote unit operates fine with or without the antenna hooked up but no emergency tone with the antenna hooked up.

Any ideas? I could not find a troubleshooting guide anywhere.

Thanks!

Back