What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Am I just dense?

osxuser

Well Known Member
So I finished rolling the leading edges of my elevator, and decided to trial fit the elevators on the HS. When I went to put them on, the counterweight arm on the elevators are too long for the cutout in the HS. Obviously the easy solution is the trim the HS skin, but I couldn't find anything in the instructions that specifically said that s what to do. I run into this and start thinking... what did I do wrong? So, is trimming about 1/2" more off the HS skin in the counterweight arm area normal, or did I miss something?

Normal. I ran in to the same thing at that point. Trim that 1/2" off...everybody has to. :)

Thanks guys, I swear I read the plans, and just don't comprehend sometimes. I think i'd have a lot easier time if they weren't quite some complete. I think 99% of the time, if I do what seems right I'd be fine. I just start flipping out if I don't realise the instructions SAY to do what seems right.

Thanks again.

Back