What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aluminum Angle for fuse in Wing kit

MrResistor

I'm New Here
Finally after many years of delay, I'm back to my wing kit. Inventoried things and all looks well but I can't quite figure out the 0.125 x .75 x .75 angle allocation though. I've got the two 14 ft pieces to save for the fuse longerons. Inventory list says I should also have two 10'10" pieces. Strangely I have one 10'10" piece and two shorter pieces that add up to more than 10'10". I definitely didn't cut these. The have nice crisp factory cuts on all ends.

The real question is other than the two 14 ft longerons, what exactly should I have left over from the wing kit in 0.125 angle? I'm just about the make the pieces for the aileron bellcranks and want to first set aside whatever pieces of .125 angle I need to save for the fuselage. Did lots of searching and can't find the answer to this one.

Thanks!
Dave Lundquist

I can't speak for the -6, but on the -7, there were 4 long angles. Two for the longerons and two for whatever (mostly misc places on the fuselage) and they were cut into various lengths as required.

Time between kits?

I ordered my wing kit ( I assembled spars) and it was about 7 years later I got my fuselage kit. The kits must of changed because now that the fuselage is almost done I have quite a bit 3/4 x 3/4 x .125 angle left over.:eek:

.125 x .75 x .75 Aluminum Angle for fuse in Wing kit

Interesting. I went through the fuselage preview plans and it almost looks like I could get all the angle from what I've got. I see three key places:

Seat Backs
Longerons that angle from firewall to F-604
Horizontal top and bottom braces on the firewall.

Anybody have a fuselage inventory list that can check what .125 x .75 x .75 angle ships with that kit?

Thanks all!
Dave

Back