What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator ?

texdog

Well Known Member
Please give me a part number for the Vans alternator! 60 amp.. I think it is from a Nissan, but I don't know which one, it is in a RV6A completed in 2010. I plan on putting a better alternator on after this month but I have an important trip this week and don't have time for the mounting modifications. Thanks, Texdog

Last edited:
Search here for Nippon.... Or 14184, 14824, 14870, 14759..

I think for the 35 amp alternator it was 14184. Don't know if yours is 35, 60, or something in between, external voltage regulator or internal, etc.

Alternator info

From an earlier post

The Honda civic alternator ( 35 amp) rotates the proper way for aircraft engines The lester n. is 14184 It is a B type alternator and is externally regulated. Can be used with the B& C regulator. Autozone has them for around $ 30 with no core. Do a search on VAF with 14184
Mark Wyss
RV-4 final assembly
O 360 A1A

regulator

Is the regulator for that 14184 a solid state potted little unit with only two wires and a ground? About 2.5" x 2.5" square?
Jim RV-6 My alternator went south today and I wonder if I should replace that regulator also.
Jim
RV-6

Is the regulator for that 14184 a solid state potted little unit with only two wires and a ground? About 2.5" x 2.5" square?
Jim RV-6 My alternator went south today and I wonder if I should replace that regulator also.
Jim
RV-6

The 1975 Ford regulator is in a metal housing with a row of push-on connectors.

http://www.amazon.com/Tru-Tech-VR166T-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B000CQ6D8U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

Ask for 1975 Ford LTD regulator at your local auto parts store.

Back