What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator identification

hcccs

Well Known Member
Can someone identify this alternator. It was taken off an RV-6 and it spins in the right direction but what amperage is it and is it internally or externally regulated?

72 Toyota corolla 1.2 liter
30 amp
externally regulated.
as seen here except the fan has been removed:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_alternator--remanufactured--30-amps-toughone_3113345-p?navigationPath=L1*14920|L2*14999|L3*15587#

My o-320 uses this same one.

Last edited:
Similar alternator on my O320 RV6 vintage about 2000. Search for cross references for Mitsubishi AH2035T3 with alternator remanufacturers such as Wilson. Was used on a large number of different vehicles. I sourced one for less than $100 a couple weeks ago.

Looks like a Nippon Denso; Honda Civic CVCC, 1979, no A/C, Lester number 14184:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/_/N-9ridyZ1z13vwo?itemIdentifier=680165_188926_10259_

I (and many 1990's vintage RVs) have been flying this alternator since 1999. It is 35amp, externally regulated, 1975 Ford LTD regulator works perfectly. Don't worry about the fan, either take it off or leave it to rotate the "wrong" way.

Reman is $23.99 (life-time warranty) with core in the States!! Will no doubt be much more in Sweden....

As long as I own the old Honda Civic I can get free replacements. ;)

Last edited:
Yep

I agree it looks like a Nippon Denso to me as well. I think this type with the "three prong-square plugin" was ext.-reg. and the amp rating was stamped along the edge of the flange at the pulley end. Looks like this one is an over-hall. Hope this helps Yours as always R.E.A. III # 80888

Looks like a Nippon Denso; Honda Civic CVCC, 1979, no A/C, Lester number 14184:

I (and many 1990's vintage RVs) have been flying this alternator since 1999. It is 35amp, externally regulated, 1975 Ford LTD regulator works perfectly. Don't worry about the fan, either take it off or leave it to rotate the "wrong" way.

Reman is $23.99 (life-time warranty) with core in the States!! Will no doubt be much more in Sweden....

As long as I own the old Honda Civic I can get free replacements. ;)

I thought this alternator was to small for my RV-4 but I summed up the power consumption of my equipment and came to 17A. If I take out a recommended 60% the alternator has to give 28A so this one should be sufficient. I think I'll stick with this one, at least to start with.

Back