What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost quit!

RatF16

Well the new job has been keeping me busy. I moved to a small base house with a 1-car garage and I'm supposed to be here for 4 years. With 4 kids at the house and a demanding wife I thought I would have to put the build on hold until after retirement.

Not so much now... I finally got around to building the workshop and I brought the wing kit out of storage to the house. So it looks like I'll be staying in the game.

Tonight I made some real headway with the wing rear spars. Man it felt good to build again!

BTW - anyone have suggestions on what extra's I should make room for in the wings? I have no clue on what's out there...

Cheers,
RH

Mornin' Col.

Hi RH and a big salute to ya Sir!
Are you familiar with the Safeair extended range tanks that go in the big hole in the ribs just ahead of the main spar? They give you another hour of fuel. Visit www.safeair1.com. Are you planning on installing an autopilot? A bracket to hold the servo and the servo itself could be installed before you close up. We also inserted a small pvc water pipe to house the wires to the landing/nav lights.

Regards,
Pierre

Welcome back.

Thanks for the update Col. Hanselman and glad to hear you're building again.

Thank you for serving your country, also.

b,
dr

Back