What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airworthiness Inspection & AD's for the RV-12

redmark

I need to compile a list of AD's for my RV-12 airworthiness inspection. For the aircraft itself, rotax 912, sensenich prop, all the way down to simple items like a starter switch.

Has anyone complied a list AD's so far? Can I get a copy as a starting point? Is there a database one can search for AD's?

Thanks,
-Ron

AD search...

I need to compile a list of AD's for my RV-12 airworthiness inspection. For the aircraft itself, rotax 912, sensenich prop, all the way down to simple items like a starter switch.

Has anyone complied a list AD's so far? Can I get a copy as a starting point? Is there a database one can search for AD's?

Thanks,
-Ron

As a starting point, try FAA.gov. Then search for AD.
Here, I'll do it for you http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/Frameset?OpenPage ;)
I just was required to state that I checked the latest bi-weekly by date on the form 8130-6 application for airworthiness, section III.b. I had help with this by phone when the FAA inspector reviewing my paperwork called me to correct discrepencies. They were very helpful, and I was able to download and fill out the revised form online and email it to him.

Tony

AD's

You won't find any AD's for the RV-12 or the uncertified Rotax 912ULS. You may want to look for Service Bulletins on the Van's Website and on the Rotax website. There are many but a lot depends on the serial numbers (when they were made.). The Aircraft Certification Basis section on FAA Form 8130-6 does not apply. Each of those four blocks should show N/A. This is an experimental aircraft.

Pete & Tony,

Thanks... this gives me a good starting point. As I understand it, each FAA office has it's on way(s) of interpreting the rules and regulations and here they wants a list of AD's and the resolution for each.

-Ron

Pete & Tony,

Thanks... this gives me a good starting point. As I understand it, each FAA office has it's on way(s) of interpreting the rules and regulations and here they wants a list of AD's and the resolution for each.

-Ron

Understand completely. Good luck. When I went to our local FSDO to get my Repairman's Cert they wanted pics, logs etc as proof that I had built the plane. And of course it was easier to produce pics and logs than it was to explain their own regs to them...lol

Back