What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airworthiness Certificate

Strasnuts

Well Known Member
After two years of building slow kit number 40936 I finally received my airworthiness certificate. Inspection went well even though I had my DAR and the FAA there. The FAA was there inspecting the DAR. I guess this happens twice a year and I was the lucky recipient. Five hours for the inspection. I had to cap off a couple wires I ran for future use and that was it. Pictures coming soon.

Way to go! My kit number is one after yours, so I guess I better get going, right?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is excellent news.

Now only a few hundred screws to put all the covers on, and you will have a flyable airplane:D

Good luck with the first flight.

You da man!

Sean - Congrats! I'll look forward to hearing about first flight. I suppose Scott will be flying chase?

Hopefully not too far behind you...

Missoula

When Sean gets the hours flown off, we'd love to have you both come to Missoula. Or maybe just have his test area cover this far :)

Last edited:
I have the 25 hour fly off so hopefully it won't take long. I'll put it in paint mid March.
I would love to come up to Missoula!

Congrats

Congrats Sean. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on all those fancy avionics. You will have to call me with the details after the first flight.

Back