What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airward Hinge Cover Kit

Not yet.

I haven't used these but they look like something I'll be interested in down the road. Thanks for the link. I have saved it to my favorites.

Don McDonald has some for penny's on the dollar compared to Ward's stuff.

You can also build your own out of aluminum or even fiberglass.

Phil

Don McDonald has some for penny's on the dollar compared to Ward's stuff.

You can also build your own out of aluminum or even fiberglass.

Phil

I fabricated fiberglass covers for mine held in place by two SS 6-32 screws. I have not yet decided whether or not to bother using them considering the additional fairing/work required to make them look good. :eek:

Air Ward Hing covers

These are more then hinge covers they place aluminum plate under the bottom of the door hing and inside the cabin to add major strength of the door ginge system.

I will be for sure using this upgrade to the basic top.

Read the web site it explains it well.:p

Once my doors were fit and installed, I had no need to remove them. I do not leave them open if winds are greater than 5 kts. If I need doors to depart in an emergency, lighter/weaker may be better. It is just weight, time and money. See if some high time airframe owners will comment on their door attachments. I have not heard of any problems.

I added a plate too out of .063 scrap. It was free!

I just don't see anything on the site worth the asking price. If they were more reasonably priced, I'd consider it. This stuff is easy to build.

Back