What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airventure Grounds Map

ppilotmike

Well Known Member
For those VAFers that are going to Osh for the first time this year, remember it's a big place! Below is a link to the map of the grounds:
http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/planyourtrip/av15_visitorsmap.pdf
Question for those in the know: I just realized that I have never seen a map of the Airventure Sea Base, not even a blow-up caption of it on the main grounds map. Why is this? Don't get me wrong, I like that it is a peaceful place to visit, but why woudn't EAA want to at least alert people to its whereabouts and/or the layout of buildings and services. It seems like every year, there is less and less happening out at the old Sea Base...:(

For those VAFers that are going to Osh for the first time this year, remember it's a big place! Below is a link to the map of the grounds:
http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/planyourtrip/av15_visitorsmap.pdf
Question for those in the know: I just realized that I have never seen a map of the Airventure Sea Base, not even a blow-up caption of it on the main grounds map. Why is this? Don't get me wrong, I like that it is a peaceful place to visit, but why woudn't EAA want to at least alert people to its whereabouts and/or the layout of buildings and services. It seems like every year, there is less and less happening out at the old Sea Base...:(
Shhhh..... that's the beauty of it.

The seaplane base is a great peaceful place to visit, especially in the afternoon to escape the heat. I make it a point to go there at least one day each year to have lunch and enjoy the ambiance there as a relaxing escape from the activity of the main grounds.

Last edited:
The seaplane base is a great peaceful place to visit, especially in the afternoon to escape the heat. I make it a point to go there at least one day each year to have lunch and enjoy the ambiance there as a relaxing escape from the activity of the main grounds.

Exacty. Me too. I just can't help but wonder: Why doesn't EAA do a little more to let people know about it its existence? Don't we want to support amphibious/seaplane aviation as well?

Back