What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airports near Overland park, KS

Tim 8-A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My daughter has a soccer tournament in overland park the weekend of 11/16-17. We are planning to fly in and I am looking for info on nearby GA friendly airports.
Thanks,
Tim

We would love to have you at K34 which is only a short drive away. We have 6 RV's based at K34 including mine.

You can also use KIXD or KOJC.

Thanks

Ray

KOJC Johnson County Executive would be the closest in miles from the soccer complex. It's roughly 2 miles east and then two miles north by car.

but IXD and k34 are great too like previously said.

Thanks guys these are some great choices, while searching Airnav I found non of the airports listed.
It appears KOJC is centrally located for the hotel and fields. Any idea of which FBO might have inside storage?
Long term forecast is not looking good, I'm hoping I don't have to scrub and go commercial or drive (7:30 drive).
How late on Saturday do the guys normally hang out at K34? If I have free time on Saturday I will either fly or drive by looking for open hangar doors.
thanks,
Tim

When I fly to KOJC to visit my family I park with Air Associates. They let me park on the ramp for no charge, don't even require fuel purchase. I've never needed to hangar there yet (rental skyhawk until the 9A is finished), so you might need to call and check on availability and price.

No experience with KCAC, I'm sure they're good too.

Tim, when your in the area you need to plan a short flight to K81 for some awesome BBQ right there on the field. I'm usually there for lunch on Sat. If that works for you, I could meet you there. My number is (nine-one-three) two-three-one zero-six-seven-one. At K34, if no one is around you can just time on the ramp for free at one of the spots closest to the runway in front of the terminal building.

Thanks

Ray Doerr N519RV(40250)

Back