What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airports near Buckley AFB?

Lionclaw

Well Known Member
It looks like I'll be moving into the Denver area in March. Can anyone recommend a good home from my RV near Aurora? It looks like Front Line and Centennial are two choices.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

KFTG

KFTG - Front Range Airport and KAPA are the two eastern side airports. Front Range is a nice towered airport and affordable. Lots of RV's too!

KAPA is also nice, has a tower, very busy, and really expensive. Lots of cool expensive planes too!

Front Range (FTG) has many RV's and is homebuilt friendly. that would be my first choice if you will be living in Aurora. I keep my -10 at Centennial (KAPA) because I live 10 minutes from there, versus 45 from FTG. KAPA is the 4th busiest non-commercial airport in the country. Not as many experimentals, lots of training there, and class D airspace. Controllers a mostly friendly & helpful. Self serve 100LL is currently $4.35 gal., about the same at FTG.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Airnav says 100LL is 4.95 at both Centennial and Front Range. It looks like 4.35 is for Jet A. Still, the 100LL price is within pennies of the cheapest gas in the state.

I agree with what the others said, and that Front Range would be a great place for a homebuilt if you are in Aurora.

Back