What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airgizmo Chocks ?

DIY

I made a set out of an offcut of 1" x 1" timber.

Cut it along the diagonal to create the two triangular-section pieces. Drill a hole in one end to take a short bit of cord to stop you from losing them. Few coats of varnish to seal them. And I used some spray-on contact adhesive to affix rubber sheet to form the "foot".

45 minutes of time invested, using materials that were lying around the shed. Quicker than waiting for mail-order.

- mark

I have a set and they are rugged and well made, they stow easily and weigh very little, I have to admit I am please with them.

Cheers

I bought a set at Oshkosh over the summer. They are rubberized on the corners, and stay in place. They're also tapered, so there's no problem getting at least the narrower end under the wheel pant.

I like mine, and would buy them again.

I made ours out of aluminum angle, added lightning holes and attached then together with 12awg wire scraps. I am a cheap ******* I guess.

Kinda' like this? :D It was interesting to me that this "final" part was made from the DIY store angle aluminum I bought 7 years ago to do the rudder trailing edge. That piece of aluminum did a LOT of jobs during the construction. RIP.

162687543350b29875e2bba.jpg

Last edited:
AirGizmos Chocks

I have had their chocks for a while. I was writing another review last night and saw the heading of this one. So I thought I'd call them today and ask about one of their chocks that cracked several months ago. This happened from me pushing the plane forward (and into it) when my son moved it out of the way (I thought). It was at a walking pace to slightly faster.

When I called them, I explained what happened. The gentleman said he doesn't know what the procedure is because he has been working there five years and nobody has called about a cracked chock. He asked me to email a picture to him and he would chat with someone higher than him. I got a call back shortly after that and he asked for the address to send the new one. Another great customer service company.

As far as the chock review (even prior to this call), I have been very happy with them. They are light weight and not huge or anything. Obviously, not as sturdy as an aluminum chock, but great for chocking an airplane and making sure it doesn't move. The black corners of the triangle are kind of a rubber material that grips the ramp and tire so they won't slide. I would have no reservation at all purchasing another set if I had another airplane.

Back