What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airflow Performance FM-200C Fuel Controller

asw20c

Well Known Member
I just got to the step where you start to fit the snorkel. The OP 62-14 plans are written assuming the fuel controller is already installed on the engine. Mine is not. The FM-200C came separately and is in a box with a bunch of hardware and there are no instructions from Vans or from Airflow Performance that I can find that came with the kit.
I assume it is up to me to find an installation manual from Airflow Performance? Has anyone else with the Thunderbolt EXP engine had to do the same thing? I'm not an engine guy so I need good instructions to make sure I install everything properly and don't damage my expensive engine or the controller.
Any advice from those who have made it past this step?

I just got to this step as well. I found a manual on Airflows website but there are no specific instructions. Hopefully someone will chime in with some guidance.

Eric

Just did mine a couple weeks ago. I ended up getting a manual like your planning. It’s 180 pages covering everything.

Thank You!

Steve: thanks for this, and your web site.

Just yesterday I reviewed your blog as I prepare to install access panels.
As it says on your site, "...during the preparation and research for this project I have very much appreciated browsing ... builder’s web sites, providing a wealth of information and inspiration. "

Thought I would follow up on this post; turns out mounting the fuel controller is a nothing-burger. Just remove the plastic cover over the mounting location, pop on the gasket, slip the FM-200C onto the studs and torque 110-115 in-lbs per Airflow Performance. AC43-13 suggests higher torque might be called for, but in an email from AP they suggested 110-115 in-lbs. The bigger challenge will be connecting the throttle and mixture cables and fuel lines, but the installation manual that AP offers on their website is helpful for that.

Back