What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Extras Reflex flap position

Steve Mills

Well Known Member
I ordered a FPS-Plus from Aircraft Extras a while back. Just saw in the media that he has come out with a version for the RV-10, that includes the reflex position...of course...had to have it !

Gave them a call, and they are sending me a chip to upgrade to the FPS-Reflex at no charge. Just send them an email with shipping address.

Though that was a good deal, and agreed to pass it on to my fellow RV-10 builders.

Steve,

Can you give a little more detail? Currently my FPS is full up or reflexed, next stop is about 10 degrees, then I'm guessing 20 then 30, I don't have the wings on and have not checked the actual throw. What's different?

Rick:

The reflex position is about 10 deg above the in-trail position. So this new feature ( as I understand it) gives you the additional option of reflex position for cruise configuration.

The only modification necessary to the system is to replace an internal chip, and you also get a new label.

Back