What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airbrush Recommendations

Rallylancer122

Well Known Member
Need to do a touchup on a repair. Was thinking of just using an airbrush. Won't use it much, so looking for recommendations on a budget airbrush. Grex, Harbor Freight, ???

I’ve got an ancient Badger I inherited from an artist friend back in my college days. It comes out once a decade to get cleaned and used for a few squirts, hen disappears into a box again. I’m sure its a “learner” quality model…nothing fancy…

Last time it came out was to paint the blade antenna on the bottom of the little jet black - John Stahr (air brush MASTER) had left them white at my request, and the first time we saw belly pictures from an Air-to-Air session, it was clear they needed to be black. After consultation with my antenna man, I pulled out some black enamel and the air brush…..

Paul

I played with a Grex at Oshkosh. Very nice little unit. I liked the fact that you could change air caps to switch from spraying a small dot to spraying a fan. Could come in handy for doing little repairs. I also like the traditional spray gun trigger. That said, I did find an almost identical unit at TCP Global for less than half the cost. I might go that route since my use for an airbrush is about once or twice a year.

Back