What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airbrush for Zolatone touchups

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Before I mounted the cabin top, I painted the interior with a spray gun that had either a 2.5mm or 3.0mm tip. Now that I have the cabin top and floxed around the perimeter as per the instructions, I'd like to Zolatone the flox, and touch up a few places on the top interior.

I am looking for a recommendation for an airbrush, or something similar that will work for touching up small areas. The paint gun I used worked well, but it shot paint over a large area. I am hoping to find something that would work better for smaller areas and touch ups, but most of the airbrushes that I am finding have a tip size of 0.3mm.... way smaller than what I used before.

Any suggestions on something that will work?

Thanks,
Jason

An airbrush will not work with Zolatone coatings, even smaller detail type guns would have a hard time with the viscosity and pigments. I’ve found pressure pots work best. If you’ve had success spraying with a particular gun I would imagine you could fine tune it down to spray smaller areas-reducing air fan width and fluid output as needed.

I used a mix of two Zolatone colors on my -10 and on the Rans S-20. On the Rans It went on the floor and baggage compartment. It is so tough the floor looks like new still.

There is a Zolatone specific touch up sprayer available. I used it and got Ok results. The spray bottle went fast and you need to practice with it to get good results. Suggest you buy two or three to save on shipping.

Put “zolatone 8209 power spray kit” in a search engine. It is available at autobodysupply.net

Back