What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air line filter/regulator recommendation?

Bill Boyd

Well Known Member
Plumbing the shop for air distribution with 3/4" RapidAir stuff. Time to buy the regulator and filter (don't want a line oiler because I will use same runs for paint and tools.) There is a bewildering array of these regulator-filter units on Amazon - about 50 pages worth, with reviews all over the scale and most by a single purchaser. Can anyone recommend a particular unit they are happy with?

While I'm a at it, HF has their bad boy 60 gallon 5hp compressor (#93274) on sale for $749. Any reason to stay away from this? Looks comparable to the offerings at Lowes and Tractor Supply, and has good reviews. It needs to last me through a slow-build 10.

Thanks, guys. Drove my last RV-6A rivet in 1998, long before reading glasses entered my life. This feels long overdue :)

-Stormy

Why not fit a oiler and separate air regulator and then run a separate air line of for your paint spray equipment just before the oiler ... Your air tools will thank you for it !!

I added the RapidAir 'plumbing' to my shop and am happy. I also chose to put an oiler on a single run only - for the tools end of the shop. The run for the paintbooth is clean and also adds its own filter and regulator.

I picked up the Air Control unit from Amazon.

click for short writeup

I'm really wishing I had gone with the RapidAir system. I ended up plumbing my shop with 3/4" copper pipe. It looks good and is working well so far but took a lot longer than I anticipated and was a bit spendy!

Now it's time to finish up one more practice kit and start my build!

Back