What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Crafters RV-10 Composite Class

RV10builder

I'm New Here
This weekend I attended the Air Crafters RV-10 Composite Class in Watsonville, CA. I would give it a great big thumbs up for anybody thinking about taking the class in the future. Dave Saylor and his team are extremely well versed in the construction of RV?s and other experimentals. There were around 10 class participants, Dave and two of his crew, and Bob (one of the writers for Kitplanes) in the class. At the hanger, Dave has his personal RV-10 which has the cabin top fitted, doors on, and most all the various fiberglass fairing installed. For the class he was able to get somebody else?s RV-10 and during the class we fitted the canopy to the fuselage. We also went through all the different fiberglass parts of the plane and Dave shared with us tips and tricks to getting it all to work out properly. Additionally, we got our hands dirty with a project making chocks, learned about different types of fiberglass, difference in resins, using fillers, and most everything you would need to get comfortable working with fiberglass. I started with zero knowledge of fiberglass and now feel very comfortable working on the 10.

Jon Reining (along with my dad, Bill)
working on QB wings with QB fuse waiting to have top installed

Back