What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

air compressor needs

music1

I have ordered my rv 12 kit and expect it tomorrow I don't have a compressor what do you suggest I have the tool kit with the 3x gun. Thaanks

Depends

This has been discussed a bunch. Depends if you plan to paint yourself. Also how many air tools you plan to use. Air sanders and die grinders and such use a lot of air. Painting takes a lot of air. The rivet tool does not take much air.

I don't know how someone gets along without a compressor. For tires, toys, tools, general cleaning. You can likely get by on a small 1 - 3 HP single stage. If you plan to sand or paint, maybe a 5 - 6 HP single stage can get you by. You can still buy them for in the $400 range, so don't cut yourself too short and wish for more later. Not too hard to sell an air compressor.

John Bender

Aircompressors

We got by on a small 5 gallon compressor that did an ok job with just the pneumatic rivet puller; we just didn't let it run all the time and we could usually pull about 15-20 rivets before we had to turn it back on again. Go to Craigslist and you can usually get a good one if you know what to look for.
Meade and George

Hang on

I thought the RV 12 was put together with pulled rivets...why do you need a 3x gun which are used for solid rivets???

Confused

Frank

I thought the RV 12 was put together with pulled rivets...why do you need a 3x gun which are used for solid rivets???

Confused

Frank

Hi Frank... You don't need a 3x gun since most solid rivets can be squeezed on the RV12, but some of us less gifted souls have been known to resort to a rivet gun, punch and hammer, or whatever it takes to get the job done :)

Jeff

Back