What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron trim

colestopp

I have ordered the VANS aileron trim kit, but we plan ultimately to have Garmin 3X avionics and autopilot. Of course there is no 'tab' on the aileron, so that would mean 2 servos acting on the same surface. Does that work?
We are half way through building the Empennage, so I have yet to see the fuselage or wings or even their plans. Has anyone fitted a Garmin 3X Autopilot in an RV10?

The aileron trim just drives a spring to load the controls one way or the other, so there's no issue with "two servos".
I have the Trio Pro autopilot (and love it) so I cannot help with the second question.

Lots of RV-10's flying with G3X auto pilots. The GSA 28 servos are state of the art, and the systems integration and user interface are outstanding. Auto-trim, trim speed scheduling, and trim time limits (runaway prevention) are built into the system. I like it a lot. Download the installation manual and users manual for all the info. you need.

Yup. The trim is actually controlled by the G3X thru the GSA28 AP servo, so that the trim is working to ease the loads on the servo, vs working against it.

Back