What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron trim change from manual to electric

I currently have the manual aileron trim kit but have decided to change to electric. I?ve purchased the proper Ray Allen servo and cable. I think I have everything I need that came with the manual kit except for the aluminum links and hardware that connects the servo to the weldment arm. Does anyone have a copy of the drawings that came with the electric trim kit that I can review? I?m hoping the drawing will have those dimensions and hardware call-outs. Thanks.

Electric trim info

The links are 1/2" wide by 1 7/8" long. The hole C/L's are 1 3/8" apart. The bolt end (connects to the stick) has a 10 degree bend starting 1/2" from the end of the part. Those parts are steel, not aluminum.

The attaching hardware (each end) is:
MS20392-1C9 clevis pin
AN960-6 washers as req'd
MS24665-132 cotter pin

Hopefully you have not installed your pilot side seat attach floor yet. Installing the servo is a real pain with it in place.

Let me know if you need any other dimensions or callouts...

yakdriver said:
How much do you want for your manual trim? I was just about to order one. Don

I'll still need all the parts of the manual trim (except the handle) for the electric installation. Sorry.

Van's part numbers

The links are C-606.

I've never seen the manual trim parts - does it have the same pivot block and attachment setup?

Pivot block is F-7123
Attach bracket is F-6124

The block and bracket are the same. I was checking Dan Checkoway's site and noticed that the block is mounted to the left of centerline. The manual configuration has the block mounted in the middle. It looks like I'm in for some modification.... Thanks for the part number of the steel links. I was actually looking for the links that connect the servo to the weldment. I did not realize it but I can order a set of plans from Van's. Thanks again.

Erratta

Opps - the links you want are F-7126. They don't show the detail of those parts on the plans - and they aren't straight but are very shallow "V" shaped (to clear the mounting block). And those are aluminum. The attach h/w in my first message goes with the F-7126, not the C-606. I must have been sleepy from too much turkey when I sent the first message :rolleyes:

Back