What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron travel Where to go after ailerons in QB

cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
We have jsut finished hanging both ailerons on the wings of a QB RV9A. We have travel up of 35 degrees and down max of 20 degrees. Does that sound right? I can't seem to find the values for this and want to be certain before I rivet the aileron stops.

Next question and one I never thought that I would get to ask, what to do next? I have now finished the wings except installing the wiring and the pitot tube and as I look through the manual, I can't find where I should start on the fuselage on a QuickBuild. Can someone that has been there before, give me an order of assembly?

Cleve Thompson

cleve_thompson said:
We have jsut finished hanging both ailerons on the wings of a QB RV9A. We have travel up of 35 degrees and down max of 20 degrees. Does that sound right? I can't seem to find the values for this and want to be certain before I rivet the aileron stops.

Next question and one I never thought that I would get to ask, what to do next? I have now finished the wings except installing the wiring and the pitot tube and as I look through the manual, I can't find where I should start on the fuselage on a QuickBuild. Can someone that has been there before, give me an order of assembly?

Cleve Thompson

The control surface travel specs are in the back of the manual (except for the rudder which is in the rudder assembly instructions).

As for the QB fuse, there are no instructions. Go through the manual to determine what's been done. It's a pain, but it will familiarize you with everything.

Vern Little

Section 15 page 2, Max Aileron up/dwn = 32/17 minimum = 25/15. Looks like you have a little too much travel but that might change after all linkages are integrated. I'm slow build so can't with your second question.

good luck & happy building

Thanks, Guys

Thank you for your guidance. I don't know what I would do without the fine contributors to this forum! :)

Cleve

Start at the beginning

I urge everyone with a QB kit to start at the beginning of the instructions and go through each step as if you were doing it, and then check it off when complete. All too often the assemblers will miss a step, and you will want to catch these mistakes. It may take a day or two, but building a plane is a long project and its time well spent. I have known many QBs with missing rivets and loose nuts. Remember the fuel pickup SB?

Back