What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron travel limits

dekky111

Well Known Member
Am doing the finals on my -7A and have run into an issue. The ailerons have an up limit of 30 degrees, but the down travel is only 18 degrees, and the book states that 20 degrees down is the minimum. How does one adjust the down travel without changing the neutral setting with the yoke vertical? Is there a process I'm missing?

dekky111
N811AK

Am doing the finals on my -7A and have run into an issue. The ailerons have an up limit of 30 degrees, but the down travel is only 18 degrees, and the book states that 20 degrees down is the minimum. How does one adjust the down travel without changing the neutral setting with the yoke vertical? Is there a process I'm missing?

dekky111
N811AK
The relationship between up and down travel is determined by the angle of the aileron bellcrank when the aileron is at zero travel. You can probably adjust the lengths of the long and short aileron pushrods to put the aileron bellcrank at a slightly different angle to fix your problem.

Ailerons

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the bellcranks were guaged at installation. I am finding that you are right, Kevin, in that both the long and short pushrods have to be adjusted. Time consuming, but what isn't.
Thanks,
Jack Dekkinga

Back